A career starts with choosing the right training profession and also the right company. Medium-sized companies score well when it comes to training, as they offer certain advantages: Clear structures provide certainty, flat hierarchies mean that the trainees have contact with staff at all levels within the organisation and they are involved in actual projects right from Day One. At LQ you can expect to work in a modern environment and within a dynamic team in a steadily growing and exciting business. As a systems supplier for high-quality, electromechanical components, LQ is the first port of call when quality is important right from the start. This is because every machine is only as good as its individual parts.
On this page you can find out what training is offered by LQ and how the general framework will give you a successful start to your career.
During your time at our site in Besigheim-Ottmarsheim where we do our training you will work in different departments that are relevant for your apprenticeship. This will give you a comprehensive overview of the whole company and you will gain an in-depth knowledge of how our business is structured, the products, markets and business processes. When you train as a mechatronic technician, you will also use our training workshop in which you can gain your first practical experience but in a protective environment. At an early stage, during the first year of the apprenticeship, our trainees learn to see the big picture in our interdisciplinary learning unit.
The conventional twin-track system is used for training, i.e. a mixture of theory and practice. You will be taught the theoretical part at the vocational training college and you will learn the practical part at LQ. What's more, we assist our trainees via a system of in-company teaching, which we designed ourselves. This provides an opportunity to repeat the knowledge gained at school so that it can be absorbed.
- Start of training: LQ's training starts every year on 1 September.
- Duration of the training: Training for industrial administrators and warehouse logistics specialists generally lasts three years and training for mechatronics technicians lasts 3.5 years.
- Training location: Practically all the training for our industrial administrators is takes place at our training site in Besigheim-Ottmarsheim. Certain training content for mechatronic technicians may be provided by a local company with which we cooperate.
- Working hours: The working week is 40 hours. Your holiday entitlement is 30 days per calendar year.
- Other points: Miscellaneous LQ pays a lunch allowance, offers a neck and shoulder massage once a week and organises regular employee events such as a summer festival and Christmas celebration.
As a general rule, the prospects of LQ offering trainees a permanent contract after they have finished their apprenticeship are good, because LQ trains young people with a view to employing them in the company. Naturally, however, we cannot give you a guarantee. It depends primarily on your own individual performance over the entire course of the apprenticeship.
Even after you have been taken on permanently, we will be pleased to help you to further your career by providing relevant training opportunities. Ask us about this when you come for an interview.
Marks are not everything. For us it is important that the person fits into our company.
We were shown everything. I felt welcome immediately.
I hope that my work at the LQ Group will be varied and with plenty of challenges.
Our aim is that young people will want to come to work for us, will enjoy working for us and will want to stay with us.
Send your full application, preferably by email, to Mr. Ralf Bührer at personal(at)de.lq-group.com.
So that the apprenticeship will be successful for both parties, we generally require applicants to have a secondary school leaving certificate, the qualification certificate for entry to a university of applied sciences or the Abitur high school certificate.
But the grades gained at school are not the only important factors. Ideally, you should impress us with your commitment and personality. Tell us where you volunteer and the associations in which you are active and where your commitment is appreciated.
Please include the following items with your application:
- Informative letter of application
- CV in table form
- School reports for the last three years
- Any other supporting evidence available on work experience, voluntary work, language courses, stays abroad, etc.
We will send you confirmation that we have received your application. If your application meets our criteria, we will invite you to an interview. If both parties are interested in taking the application further, you will have an opportunity to get to know our company during a half-day taster session. If the result of this is also positive, we will send you an offer to join us as a trainee.